Celebrate National Zucchini Bread Day
Category Recipes | Posted April 25, 2016
Today, April 25, celebrates the national food holiday, Zucchini Bread Day. Zucchini Bread is a delicious type of quick bread that is sweet, moist, and usually easy to make. The primary ingredient in zucchini bread is, of course, zucchinis, although many recipes add in additional ingredients, such as nuts or dried fruits, to give the bread more flavor. This bread is great for breakfast or a snack anytime of the day.
5 Fun Facts About Zucchini
– Zucchini has more potassium than a banana.
– The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’, the Italian word for squash.
– The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized.
– According to World’s Healthiest Foods Nutrition info, nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease.
– The flower of the zucchini plant is also edible.
Black Walnuts are a wonderful addition to zucchini bread. Try our 2 delicious recipes today – it’s a great excuse to make and eat some zucchini bread!
Black Walnut Zucchini Quick Bread
Black Walnut Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze