10 Easy Ways to Incorporate Nuts Into Your Diet
Category Health & Nutrition | Posted March 23, 2016
Did you know that adding in nuts to your daily diet can provide you with many health benefits? Yes, you can reap all kinds of benefits by eating just 1 oz. of nuts a day!
Nutritional benefits of nuts may vary slightly depending on nut. Across the board, you’ll find nuts are packed with protein, fiber and essential fats. A handful of unsalted nuts can give your body a health boost along with important vitamins and minerals. Here’s the nutritional lowdown from Black Walnuts.
- Low in saturated fat, high in unsaturated fat (omega-3’s)
- Highest protein content of any tree nut (7 grams in a 30-gram serving)
- High levels of antioxidants, folate, phytosterols and melatonin
- Provides more dietary fiber than “regular” walnuts
- Significant amount of vitamin E, manganese, and potassium
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
Want to toss in a handful of nuts to your favorite foods? Here are some simple ideas. Sprinkle on soup, salad, yogurt and oatmeal. Add in pasta, trail mixes, popcorn or steamed vegetables. Mix in with pancakes. Blend in with light cream cheese for a delicious spread. There you go – 10 quick and yummy ways to go nuts!