American Black Walnuts not only provide a rich, earthy flavor, but this unique nut offers many health benefits too. You can easily boost the nutritional profile by adding Black Walnuts to yogurt, oatmeal and salads, or even recipes like fish, chicken or energy bars. Toasted Black Walnuts are a perfect addition to trail mixes or other snacks.
Here are a few reasons why Black Walnuts are hard to beat when it comes to healthy ingredients.
- Black Walnuts contain the highest protein content of any tree nut – 7 grams/serving. This nut is a great alternative if you are considering adding more plant based proteins into your diet. According to Mintel, 29% of US consumers say they are eating more sources of non-animal protein than they were a year ago.
- Black Walnuts contain a generous amount of manganese – 55% of the daily value – which helps support metabolism as well as aid in bone structure and growth.
- Black Walnuts contain a substantial amount of omega-3. This helps reduce cholesterol, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Black Walnuts are all natural: Non-GMO and gluten-free. You can feel good knowing nothing is added.
- Black Walnuts are a rich source of vitamins and nutrients, making it a “superfood”. The nut’s high levels of polyunsaturated fats and antioxidants are key nutrients in protecting against cardiovascular disease, cancers, diabetes, and certain neurodegenerative conditions. Black Walnuts also have high levels of dietary fibers, folate, and melatonin.
Click here to get more information on nutritional benefits of Black Walnuts.