Annual Black Walnut Nut Contest
Category Uncategorized | Posted September 19, 2016
Do you have Black Walnut trees in your yard? How about improved varieties? Well, it’s your lucky day! We invite you to gather up a few of your best Black Walnuts and bring them in for judging at our annual Black Walnut Nut Contest this week at the Black Walnut Festival. You could be the winner of some extra cash!
Here’s the scoop:
- Entries need to be brought to us and registered by Wednesday, September 21 at Hammons Products Company front office, located at 105 Hammons Drive in Stockton, MO.
- The official judging will be held on Thursday, September 22nd.
- Black Walnuts may be entered from named or unnamed variety trees.
- All Black Walnuts must be from the current year’s crop.
- 15 nuts per entry required
- Black Walnuts must have husk removed and be clean.
- Participants are encouraged to submit more than one entry.
- Entries become the property of the Black Walnut Festival.
- Entries will be judged on: nutmeat color, flavor, plumpness, size, thinness of shell, freedom from dark nutmeats.
1st Place: $30
2nd Place: $25
3rd Place: $20
4th Place: $15
5th Place: $10
6th – 15th Place: $5
Black Walnuts from the winning tree will be purchased at 40 cents per pound after the hull is removed.
Feel free to call us at 417-276-5181 with any questions. We hope to see you here!